Monday, October 26, 2009

Wonderful ultrasound!


We just had our ultrasound this morning and it was wonderful!!! The baby is 12oz and is in the 81st percentile and growing beautifully! When the ultrasound started, the little one had his/her knees to the nose! (And for clarification- we do not know the sex of the baby so if I put he or she, it's just easier to do that than put both! I get excited and start typing fast so I works better this way :) ) It was sooo sweet! Just about bent in half! We couldn't believe how clearly we could see our little one! It was amazing to see the little arms and legs just going! I'm pretty sure I'm right, we have a gymnast on our hands! I lost track of the flips and flops the little one made during the whole ultrasound!

Everything looks wonderful. The heart has four chambers and is the best little heart in the world, the spine is intact and very flexible, three vessel cord, lovely bladder, sweetest hands and feet, appropriate nuchal fold, and beautifully form little mouth! It was so awesome, right at the end we were getting some profile pictures of the little one and all of the sudden he brings his hannie up to his face and starts sucking his thumb!!!! It was sooo cute! Oh my gosh I couldn't believe it! You could see the little tongue moving and sucking! Then then thumb came out and the little one stuck her tongue out!!! We were able to get pictures of both!!

We couldn't be happier that God has blessed us with such a wonderful, healthy baby! Thank you all for your prayers!! This little one is already loved so much! My dates are pretty accurate. The estimated due date is March 18, 2010!! This ultrasound says it will be a few days sooner but only by four days. We'll see. We can hardly wait!! My next doctors apt is the 25th of November with all the lab work.

We had a great weekend here! We unpacked and got organized. Well, my wonderful husband unpack and organized while I baked and cleaned :). I think I finally have come to an understanding with my oven. We weren't on speaking terms after I made the most wonderful pumpkin bread. I had two loaf pans, baked them for exactly the time required with the right degrees in celsius. However, after I let them cool a little bit, I went to cut a piece for Ben and me, the batter oozed out of the loaf onto the counter. Both loaves were like that! I was mad! So I thought I'd try my luck again but with some pumpkin chocolate cookies. Well, they would have been great if I didn't over cook them. haha It was not a good day for baking on Saturday!

Now yesterday, the oven and I had a great day! haha We made super yummy mini pumpkin gobs that I sent into work with Ben, so we wouldn't eat them all!! I think I might just have to make another batch to freeze! (If they even last long enough to be froze)

The living room is unpacked all but the boxes of lamps. We don't have anything to set them on yet. The couch and loveseat are set up with the tv. We put the tv on the card table. It's not the greatest tv stand, but it works for now. Really, the only unpacking left to do is my boxes of clothes. Notice I'm writing this blog instead of unpacking... :) This week we're going to try and hang up or pictures. That'll really bring things together.

Ben the great put up the little ones crib on Saturday night in about 10 minutes! It looks soo nice! That room has quite a few of broken down boxes in it yet so pictures will be once they are all out! :) He used the lap quilt I made him a few years ago as the bedding, and it's adorable!

Well, I guess it's that time- time to get to work!! Have a great day!!

**The picture is our little one sticking out his/her tongue!

1 comment:

  1. and to think that some people don't think life begins at conception...glad to hear all is well! Thanks for keeping us posted! =)

    ReplyDelete