The car is still being worked on... It needed a little part the guy didn't have so it's still in the shop. It took all day yesterday and hopefully we'll get it back today.
During our welcome to the base meeting a week ago I was able to meet the team leader from WIC here on base at the info fair break. It was only by the grace of God that we started talking.
I was talking to a woman who was there giving out information on employment for spouses on base. She asked what I did and I told her I was a nurse and so on. We got to talking and she said did you look at the Army Hospital's job postings, which I did and there aren't any open nursing positions at all. I was pretty down about it but knew if I was to having a nursing job over here, I'd have one. She gave me some advice on what jobs on base would be better for me to get into and recommended the child care center. That booth was right beside the employment's. She had heard me talking and said they would were in need of providers and with my experience, I would fit right in. I took her card and planned on checking it out until the woman at the WIC booth said she heard me talking and asked if I was a nurse. I told her my background and she said I should really drop my resume off at the WIC office, they needed another nurse. I got her email and sent her my resume. That was last week and I hadn't heard anything since. I was okay either way.
They called this morning and asked if I would like to come in for an interview this Thursday!! I'm pretty excited but I also know if it doesn't work out, there's a reason and it's really okay. Please pray that it goes well! I'll let you know how it goes!
Jaimie, my prayer for your interview is that they will see and hear what they need to regarding your qualifications and how you will fit into that position. I will pray too that the people who make the decision will have wisdom in deciding who gets the job...if it is the best option for you then God will open that door :) love, joyce
ReplyDelete