Today I'm 16 weeks along!! I can't believe how fast time goes! I know, what am I going to say when we have this little one? I think time flys now, silly me! I've been feeling okay. I think the little one new today was his/her 16 week benchmark because I was extremely worn out. I'm still having the hardest time eating any type of meat except bacon (go figure). Meat, mainly beef, just makes me gag. I'm really trying to make sure I pack enough protein into my diet with peanut butter, dairy products, eggs, and the carnation breakfast drink along with my breakfast. At dinner tonight I was able to eat more than I ever have at a sitting since I've been pregnant. I was pretty excited about it! Ben couldn't believe we didn't have any leftovers!
Today is also 20 days from when we can move into our apartment and get a routine started. We really haven't had one since... wow I can't remember when. I'm so excited!!! Ben set everything up so that the movers are coming that day and unpacking all of goodies that have been in crates since July 13! The are we're going to be in is mainly just housing so hopefully we'll meet people pretty fast.
We bought a car today!!!! Praise God we found one! It's a 1995 BMW 316i 5 speed, blueish gray. We will put pictures when we get it on Monday. We wanted to get Ben a work car/ little beater that will get us around base, then look for a better family car in a little bit. It's in great shape! Ben and I were laughing, it's going to be the only time we'll own a BMW!
We've almost been here a week, hard to believe that! While it looks so much like PA, its so different here. Like, we still haven't figured out the potty's, and I can't tell the difference between a door bell and a light switch. haha In our temporary apartment building there are light switches outside each door that look the exact same. I was standing outside the first apartment door just pressing the daylights out of the door bell and Ben's just laughing saying "Jaimie, jaimie thats not it" haha Then I had to explain to the man why I wouldn't stop pressing his door bell. I guess I can't win them all!
I know that you're pregnant and what not but put your bowls in the dish washer before you take a picture of that nice kitchen.
ReplyDeleteHi Jaimie, glad to see that you made it out there fine and that the taliban hasn't infultrated your vicinity cause I heard all this stuff on cnn that BIN LADDIN IS GOING TO OKTOBERFEST and that's semi close to you. So what ever you do, don't go this year!
Anyways, the house or apt or whatever looks ultra modern and swanky. Jena is jealous.
Things are fine on the homefront. I started my P90X regimine and I am a chiseled marble statue. Jena is cooking an amazing roast meal and Melissa Donovan has H1N1!?!?
We would like to skype wif you some time and I'll moon you. We have a built in cam in Jens computer, but who knows how to how to use it? I won't be able to talk unless you stay up late cuz da time difference. Maybe on saturdays, right?
Bremerton was everything I hoped it would be and more! I went on SEAWOLF and they let me fire off some torpedos and sh*t. It was awesome. We ate a $40 steak din my first night there (with my meal money) and it was one of the better steaks I have had in a while. I went on a bunch of boats and received ~2mR of radiation exposure, so I was glowing when I got back home and so was Jen later that night!
Is hansel guienheim who is in your belly learning any german yet, and are you? Are you going to get a job or just loaf around? We would like to buy tickets to Germany and come see you next summer. Lots of love from country hills drive.
My wife says tag.
hii! ya mama jus showed me this i'm so happy for you guys!! congrats on the beeb and living abroad fun stuff you're gonna love it there i know it i'd give anything to be there w/ you germans are SOO FREAKING NICEEEEEEE
ReplyDeleteha have a lovely weekend xx