Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What a day... :)

Wait to you hear what I have to tell you!!! What a day! Today started very early for us, very early. For Ben, it was 3am early and for me, about 5am early. You see, our temporary housing is super close to the flight line and last night was a very busy night for the flight line. Now don't get me wrong, I love hearing planes and such but, not when it seems like the planes are in our room and I'm trying to sleep. Oh and Beretta heard a dog outside this morning that must have disturbed her peaceful slumber so she thought it was in her right to disturb everyone else's!

After we drug ourselves out of bed be went to our welcome meeting. It was very informational. I have a little better grasp on some things now. I'm also hoping that God was opening some doors for me too. On the way there, a guy Ben works with we telling me about how his wife had a hard time finding a job in her career field. I told him what I did and he pretty much said good luck. The hospital is currently not hiring any nurses, at all. His wife has a degree in lab work and is working in a shop at the mall. I was pretty bummed but wasn't going to let it get me too upset. About halfway through the meeting they had a little info fair with different agency's and programs to help us out. I thought well I better open up my options for employment at least for now. I'm really only looking for something that I can go part time to after the baby. I started talking to the woman who was in charge of employment. She was asking what I did and I said I'm a nurse...etc.. She asked if I checked out the hospital and I told her everything I found out. We talked a little more and she gave me some info about working on base. It amazes me how God works things out, it really does. Right beside the employment woman was the child care and WIC booths. They heard me talking about being a nurse and asked if I would please send them my resume!! I was like WOO HOO, of course I will! So please pray that if this is what I'm to do, things work out!

After our meeting Ben and I had a really nice lunch. I got to see the other side of base and found some good resources! We then left to go pick up our car, or at least we thought we were. Ahh I completely understand that we are the "silly Americans" trying to live in their country, but we're not idiots. We got there and the sales man was like oh well...I don't have the work done on it. To which Ben replied- you told me to pick it up today, the work would be finished. He said yes yes it will be done today-2 hours MAX. So Ben said okay, well be back in 2 hours to pick it up. We went to the base where we're going to live in 15 days and found our apartment building! I was sooo excited! It's a nice area, nothing but housing, but still very nice. It's a newer remolded apartment building. So we drove around saw it then went to the registration building to get the car squared away. We found out just how silly the car sales man thought we were. Thank God the woman just thought Ben was the nicest guy she dealt with all day and went out of her way to help us. Here the car sales man tried to get out of paying the tax he owed to the German government and pass it off on our form. God bless that woman at the desk.

While we were standing in line, I noticed this woman across the room. She look like she was at the end of her rope! She was on the phone with the States trying to get a problem worked out she had with her car they shipped over and was getting no where fast. She also had a screaming 2 year old, a newborn, and was getting no help. Her husband came over from what he was doing at the other window to take the newborn leaving her with the very unhappy little man. I felt so bad for her. She couldn't hear, her son was having a severe meltdown, and she was struggling with the issue of her car. So, I dug in my bag for anything that would distract him. I found a highlighter, some pens, and a note pad. I walked over to her praying she wouldn't think I was so weirdo and started talking softly to the little man. I made a big deal about his baseball shoes! He got real quiet and started warming up to me. I checked to make sure the highlighter was washable and gave it to him. The Mom looked up noticing he stopped screaming and kept mouthing thank you thank you thank you! haha I picked him up and sat on a chair and we colored. I felt so bad for her and her husband. He came back and kept thanking me too! Needless to say, he was so covered in yellow highlighter that he almost glowed haha! The parents said they could care less. I was pretty glad I could help them out.

We left and went back to the car lot to find... da da da daaaa... an unfinished car. Ben was like um, why isn't the car finished? The guy explained that he realized he needed to put 2 shocks on (which was good) and didn't have both so the part wasn't in yet so it would be another 2 hours. Ben reminded him that we needed the car today. We also told him about the little tax issues, which he promptly fixed. So we told him we would wait there until it was done. That got him moving faster. He said they had other cars to fix, we could take the car and come back tomorrow. We had him put it in writing that he owed us work and parts. He seemed pretty surprised at this but, did write it down and sign it. HA! SO, we go back again tomorrow after my doctors appointment.

We're both wore out pretty bad tonight. I'm sorry if somethings aren't spelled correctly or doesn't make a lot of sense... it's been a long day and I'm really not in the mood to go back and reread. haha sorry. Thanks for all your prayers! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment