Another traditional Sunday observance in the states, football, is a little more difficult to enjoy. In order to catch a live game in the evening, we'd have to stay up till at least 2am. Afternoon games back home would be like evening games here. We both like watching a good game of football but I guess we wouldn't qualify as die hards. We'll just have to watch is the next day after we hear the score. I remember when Ben was deployed and we talked after the game. He got up super early in the morning just to watch the game.
I took a nice long nap this afternoon! Some days I'm pretty much worthless if I don't catch a nap. I'm thinking it has something to do with the CRAZY dreams I've been having at night. I don't know if that come with pregnancy or just the type of cereal I eat before climbing in bed. Almost all of the crazy dreams have to do with me forgetting to feed the baby! haha Its so awful! I wake up and have to tell myself I don't have a baby to feed right now and that there is no way I would forget to feed the little one!
We have an exciting full week ahead! Ben goes in for the start his training tomorrow. We were supposed to pick up the car tomorrow but the dealer didn't get back to us for the VIN so now we have to wait until Tuesday. In order to register a vehicle here, must must have proof from the insurance company directly which takes no less than 24 hours. Back home we would just show our insurance card but we can't do that here. We're both ready to go exploring around base and see where our apartment is going to be. I can't wait to check out the library and the pool!! As long as we have the car for Wednesday, we'll be just fine. I have my doctors appointment on Wednesday. I'm so glad I could get in quickly but know I won't see a doctor this time. I have to go through the process from the beginning. All of the blood work, the meeting with the nurse educator (which I've already done twice), and then hopefully get scheduled to see a doctor. Oh well. Then Tuesday we have a meeting that's sort of the "Welcome to the base". I'm pretty excited I get to go with him!!
Saturday is going to be an even bigger day, Ben and I are going on a castle tour then a medieval dinner! We were debating between a few options, and decided on the tour and dinner. There are a few different company's that offer guided tours and packages. We thought it would be a good idea to go with a tour since we're not too sure of our way around. It doesn't take Ben long at all to get his sense of direction! Me, well, I have no sense of direction. I try my hardest though! I'll get there some day!
I've been reading your blogs and trying to comment but I am technologically challenged....maybe this time I can make it work!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is not nice to be jealous but.........ohhhhh I envy you all having this experience. Getting to live in a foreign country for a period of time...and Germany no less. WoW and WOW WOW WOW! :)