Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pintrest Patriotic Porch Pallet

Go ahead, say that 4 times, fast! :) Pintrest-partriotic-porch-pallet,  Pintrest-partriotic-porch-pallet, Pintrest-partriotic-porch-pallet, Pintrest-partriotic-porch-pallet!!!

I  think of pintrest at a gift. A gift from super crafty, creative, organized, and uber talented people to those who are less gifted in those areas :) I try and not to get pin-happy, and try to do what I pin... try. I pinned this picture of a pallet that was painted as an American flag and nestled very sweetly on a front porch. A real flag always hangs from our porch but with the weather and wind, we packed it up for the fall to keep it nice for spring and summer. I showed my Man and asked if I could have the pallet that was outside creating a haven for spiders. I was on a mission.

I marched my self right over to Lowes, found the paint sample size of paint, and immediately get excited. It doesn't take much folks. The wild woman helped me with a few coats of paint and with moral support while I traced and painted the stars. There are some spots that add extra character, but I'm learning. :)

It's not quite finished. I've decided I'm going to stencil our last name with out EST date on the first cream stripe.

Oh and in case you are wondering, the flowerbed design is called " if it blooms, it can stay"






No comments:

Post a Comment