My Dad's side of the family always had Christmas on Christmas Eve so we always went there. This year we didn't go home so we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. I'd never been to a candle light service, so I was excited. It was really special. Audrey had a great time in the nursery playing with the kiddos and tickling the babies :) We came home, got Aud ready for bed and we got to work! My mentor from church kept Audrey for a few hours before Christmas so Ben and I could get wrapping done and toys put together. We set it all out and went to bed!
The wild woman slept in till 0630 ( I should have known better, that is soo rare, that something was coming) We started opening gifts right away and didn't finish until around 1130. It was so much fun! She would open one and play, help us open one, then ask for another. She was soo excited. We got to skype my Mom and sisters so they could see her open a few.
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and went back to playing. For early lunch I made Ben a family tradition his family had, sausage gravy over biscuits. We all laid down and had a good nap! We got up, played some more and had a special dinner- filet mignon! I was pretty nervous about it but cut it from the tenderloin myself and grilled it on my gril pan. Ben took Audrey and Beretta out for a long walk while I got dinner together.
Here's some pictures from Christmas Eve and a few from Christmas day. We did video instead of taking a bunch of pictures Christmas morning.
I was trying to get some nice pictures of her in her Steeler get up but this is what I got :)
Ben told her to show Momma your teeth, she pointed them out so I wouldn't have any doubts where they were haha She's the best!
I can't tell you how long it took to TRY and get a decent picture of all three of them, I was soo funny and I think I like the attempts better anyways :)
Aud was done with the attempts.
The wild woman and I after Christmas Eve service
It wasn't the day for pictures.
All of her gifts from Daddy & Momma, Great Gram & Poppa Huff, Mimi, and Uncle Jason & Aunt Naanaa!!
The rest of the gifts!
Climbing in the TV stand with her new school bus!
Grilling the steaks!
No comments:
Post a Comment