Sunday, January 22, 2012

My New Multi-Occasion Gift!!

I'm not going to lie or down play this, I have an amazing husband. I really do. And for so many more reasons than an awesome gift. Ever since Audrey started taking solid foods, Ben would take her in the mornings after she woke up to give me a chance to sleep a few more hours. MIND you, he would be coming off a stretch of 16hr days. He would go get her out of the crib, bring her in to nurse, take her out and change her diaper, play and play and play, feed her cereal, let her play some more and then bring her back into be to feed her again before she passed out for her morning nap. He's such an awesome Daddy. To say that Audrey adores him would be an enormous understatement! They are clones of each other and I love, love, love to sneak up on them playing together. He takes her out on Daddy dates and when I ask what they've been up to, Ben always tells me "Don't worry about it"- with one of his infamous Ben smirks and laughs. Audrey now does the same thing! haha The love I have for both of them just overwhelms me, in the best way. Ben has always helped me with bath time, gets her ready, (complete with lotion, powder, and hinney cream) and puts her down usually every night. On nights that I have Bible study- he does it all.

Ben's also been a trophy husband with helping me with the housework. He's always done laundry, cleaning and dishes! With all the trouble I've been having he's also stepped up to taking extra care of Aud, me and the house. I know this separation is going to be awful, horribly awful, but I'm excited that he won't have as much to help with after working as long and hard as he does. Not to mention he brings me "special treats"-as Audrey would say. I know, he's an amazing man!!!

Okay, now to my multi-occasion gift he got for me!!!!!! We've been looking at Nikon SLR camera's and had a model picked out. We originally were looking at D3100's and went into the store and they had a deal on a kit we couldn't pass up. It was a D5100 kit with 2 lens and was better price than just the D3100! This is my 25th Birthday present, anniversary gift, going home project to keep me busy while we are continents apart, and new baby gift! Everything from now until June gift all rolled into one! :) I'm so excited! Our old camera is a 5mgp and this one is 16.2mgp. We were playing with it this morning and WOW, what a difference! I can't wait to have private lessons on the camera and it's crazy functions from my father-in-law. I'm really excited and want to know it in and out! I don't just want to keep it on the auto mode when it has sooo much more!!

So here are a few pictures from today from my brand spankin' new camera!!

Having some Kix's cereal for breakfast!!

I asked her to smile... this is what I got! hahah

Another "smile" shot with a nice shot of some chewed up kix...

Audrey and Ben making me some birthday cupcakes!! haha my lovies

Some for you Daddy, and now some for me!!!

The finished product! haha


2 comments:

  1. You are going to looove your camera! If you want to venture out of Auto, turn that puppy onto TV (shutter priority) or AV (aperture priority). You will get better in no time practicing choosing some of your settings! Perhaps we can go on a photo safari when you come home!
    Audrey looks so big in these photos! Wow! She does look JUST.LIKE.BEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo excited!! My father in law is amazing with pictures and knows Nikon and all the functions in and out- I'm going to be his shadow while I'm home!! I would love a photo safari with you!! hahah She is his clone! Everyone keeps telling me this baby will be a mini Ben, to which I reply- I already have one!!!! Hope everythings going great for you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete