Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Double ear infections and an eventful pregnancy !!

Audrey started a runny nose Christmas day and I wasn't feeling so good so we didn't go to church that day. The next night, Audrey and I were up from 0230- till the next morning. She had a high fever, couldn't breath out of her nose, holding her ears, it was sooo awful, so awful. I had to go to my echo and OB apt that I couldn't miss so Ben took her to the doctor. I'm soo thankful I didn't try and wait it out- she had a double ear infection. My poor baby. It was soo awful. She was miserable, so exhausted, and you could tell she just hurt.

On top of all that, I got really sick and have been having a hard time with energy and stamina. Ben had to work the 6 days in a row and could not get leave to help me at home. It was soo horrible. Even though he works 16hrs, gets up at 0330 in the mornings, he slept in Audreys room 2 nights when I was so sick and took care of her so I could get some good rest. I'm telling you- there is no better man out there than the man I married. He's the best Daddy and husband, ever. He'd come home and take care of both of us. He would get her ready to bad, eat super fast, and put her to bed. We all were going to bed between 730 and 8 every night. It was wonderful!.... actually, we still are in bed before 9! hahah

We napped the rest of the afternoon, tried to get her to eat but that was a no go. The next morning we were reading, she was feeling better after her meds, I noticed she had some stuff in her ear. It wasn't blood, but was really yellow and bad so I called back to the doctor. They said her ear drum probably ruptured and to come and get more meds for her ears. We went and saw Daddy first, he and the germas got her to eat some and we went and waited an hour at the pharmacy for the meds. The drops really hurt her the first two days, I cried as well, but after that and some special treats, it was much better.

It was that night that my OB doctor called me back with the results from my echo. It was almost 6 so I was a little surprised he was calling. I really thought they would say ooh, its nothing. Well, here I have an atrial septal defect that's been there since I was born that was causing blood to be shunted from the left atrium to the right. Also, the right side of my heart was enlarged. I was like hmm that's something. The doctor said normally it wouldn't be a big dedal however, because of the enlargement and my symptoms- they were concerned that with the increase in fluid volume over the next few months, it might stress my heart even more. As of right now the high risk OB doctor isn't concerned with the baby since I was on track measuring and the heartbeat sounded good but still wants to follow me. I will also be having more echo's and be followed by a cardiologist- my first appointment is tomorrow in fact. So, tomorrow is the big deciding day. Thankfully Ben is off and it's first thing in the morning. I'm so thankful for our church family that has made it soo clear they are here to help in any way we need them and for our family at home that are praying and wanting to be here to help sooo badly.

We also go the 25th for an hour long ultrasound of the baby at the high risk doctor. Ben's also off for that one and we have some awesome friends that are going to watch the wild woman so we can go together. I have a peace about all of this that I know is only by the grace of God. Philippianes 3 : 5-7 says it all "Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. qThe Lord is at hand; rdo not be anxious about anything, sbut in everything by prayer and supplication twith thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And uthe peace of God, vwhich surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ESV translation

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your baby has been so sick! That must be so hard to deal with.
    I'm thinking of you everyday and for you every night.
    Hope you start feeling more human soon! Take care hunny!

    ReplyDelete