Sunday, September 2, 2012

Judah's first big car trip!

We got the okay from the cardiologist to take Judah on a trip! She said as long as he stays away from crowds and we enforced hand washing- a trip home would be fine. I felt bad leaving Ben, but he was on call and had a conference the following weekend so it worked out great for us to go home. He drove with us 1/2 way and met my Mom to switch cars.As we waited a few minutes for my Mom to come, I fed Judah while Ben chased the wild woman around, getting some of her never-ending energy out :)

We stopped again about 2 hours later to feed Judah at a really nice rest stop on I-80. My Mom and the wild woman picked acorns... that are still in the van... and climbed rock piles. I know for a fact I'm not ready to do the 6hr drive myself, it was a blessing that Mom could come 1/2 way for both legs of the trip. Anyways, Judah finished eating and while Meemin watched the kiddos I ran inside for a bathroom break. Only then did I notice a small sign, written in pen on the side of the door- "WARNING, RATTLESNAKE SPOTTED IN REST AREA!! DO NOT LET CHILDREN OR PETS IN GRASS OR GRAVEL PILES".  You would think that the sign would be posted where you could easily see it, in multiple locations- nope. Now that I think about it, I should have ran back and taken a picture of it...Thank you Jesus that the rattlesnake stayed away while Audrey rolled, climbed, and ran all over it's area. ugh.

The rest of the drive home went very well.  Judah slept the whole time and the wild woman did fantastic! I'm praying that Judah continues to love sleeping in the car unlike someone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment