Friday, June 22, 2012

Maybe tomorrow?

Yesterday was a rough day for me. Judah did great- I just had a rough day. We were planning on discharge today but he started having some arrhythmia's and needed to go back on his oxygen. At first I was really upset that it was happening and that we wouldn't be going home. Then I calmed down and realized that he is in the best place possible and if he's not ready, he's not ready.

I stayed the night before and slept probably 3 hours total. There were about 50 people in and out of his room, a possible MRI with sedation that I did not want him to go through (it was optional for a research study on his CHD), I had a fever thanks to the mastitis, and emotionally I was just a mess. I missed Audrey and Ben too- not a good combo when you put it all together. Anyways, Ben came in the evening and sent me home. He's staying again tonight to be there with Judah and to feed him. I want to be there so badly but this is the second time this has flared up and I want to be feeling better when my Judah cub gets home. My man knows me so well, he told me "I know this is hard for you but I don't want you here first time in the morning either. Call me and we'll go from there" :) gosh I love that man.

Anyways- he's doing well. He's been off the oxygen for 12hours and seems to be tolerating it well. The plan is discharge tomorrow as long as things are okay. He's still having arrhythmia's but everything else is stable, his little heart is just healing and is working somethings out. If not, we know he's being taken care of by a mighty God and a fantastic team of doctors and nurses. We're not going to rush him and want him home when he's ready to come home.

I'm just so thankful that he's going to be home in a matter a day or days, compared to weeks. I just cried and cried thinking about the kiddos who have been there for weeks and months and how that must be for there families. Ben and I have been praying for the unit and the babies and kiddos that are there. It breaks our heart but we know that God is in control.

Thank you for your prayers and we'll keep the updates coming.

1 comment:

  1. It always great to see an update. I'm so happy Judah is doing so well. He's a fighter, huh? :)
    God is good and it seems like he has his hand on Judah. Praise be to Him. Get well, Jaim and good luck with that little man.

    ReplyDelete