Saturday, June 2, 2012

Air Show

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law came up and we were able to attend the Air Show on base. I've never been to an air before and was excited and apprehensive. The Thunderbirds flew in a few days before the show and were practicing right over our house. Audrey was less than thrilled. She has a hard time with noises. In Germany there were planes flying over the apartment all the time and every once and awhile she would get scared. The sirens would startle her too but here, she'll stop whatever she's doing and just run. I feel so bad. It can be a motorcycle or garbage truck and she'll run over covering her ears asking "What do I hear Momma?" So you can imagine my apprehension to an air show with the wild woman especially when her Daddy would be working during it. She does much better when she's with Ben, she always has and I can understand why.

So I just left things up in the air and prayed a good deal. We went early in the morning as soon as the flight line was open. The actual air show didn't start until the afternoon so I thought we'd just go in the morning and I'd pray that she'd sleep through some of the show at home. She loved going onto the plans and running around the flight line. We took her stroller even though she hasn't been in a stroller in almost a year, so thankful we did. We didn't have to wait in any lines to go on the planes and there were hardly any people around. Also, the very kind SSgt. directed me to the very entrance of the flight to park so we wouldn't have to walk- it was wonderful! Here's som pictures from our morning on the flightline...




She had a blast going on to all the planes, we still talk about it :)


Just let me in!!!

haha if you can't tell- her mouth is open wide!

In the hum-bee :)


After walking up and back the whole flight line in the hot sun, we all were ready to head home for a nap! We stopped and saw Daddy and decided to come back after she woke up from her nap to watch the show. We were able to come back to the kennels so Audrey could be with Daddy and have some shade. It worked out great. Granted, she was more interested in the flowers, bugs, and dogs than the air show, but it was still a great afternoon. Daddy helped with the loud noises and Aud did great! It was a huge blessing to be able to go inside away from the noise when she wasn't feeling it. Thank Auntie Em for all your help- I WOULD NOT have been able to do it with out you!!!


Thunderbirds
 ...5 minutes later, I think I'll just roll in the grass.


No more loud noises!!! Thanks Daddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment