Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jaimie's Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Recipe

I think it's about zucchini season at home and thought I'd pass along something I made last night. Of course I thought about taking a picture after I slopped and made a mess of it but I'll be making this again soon, at least that's what Ben said last night :) You can use regular sausage fresh or premade. I only used plain ground pork because that was what I had in the freezer.

Jaimie's Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Large pot of salted boiling water
4 -5 zucchini's halved, ends cut off and seeds removed (I used a mellon baller to scrape them out and make a nice boat shape)
1lb ground pork (or sausage, if using sausage- no need to season with ingredients below)
2 tsp italian seasoning
few shakes of garlic salt or lawrys seasoning salt
1/2 to full jar of favorite pasta sauce (ours is Newman's Own Sockarooni)
Parmesan cheese
Italian Shredded Cheese Mix

Preheat oven to 350. Drop zucchini boats into boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and place in greased 9x13 pan. Brown ground pork and add seasonings. (Remember, don't add seasonings if you have actual sausage) Add desired amount of sauce, stir till combined.

Spoon meat and sauce mix into zucchini boats evenly. Top with parm cheese and shredded cheese. Bake in preheated oven about 15 mins. or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment