Friday, August 19, 2011

As my Man would say, "Jaimie's hobby of the week" :)

So for my hobby this week, I'm trying to make the wild woman a nightgown. I have no experience sewing clothes what-so-ever. Quilts, you bet, but no clothes. And of course I did a typical Jaimie thing and assumed that all I really needed to do was sort of follow the tracing of one of her nightgowns she has now and just sew it together. haha I can laugh at myself but not enough to show you a picture of the first one! haha Wow. When Ben came home he just smiled and encouraged me. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband. I'm also blessed with an awesome Mom-in-Law who will hopefully help me in my sewing pattern illiteracy when we come home! :) It's just one of her many talents! Love you!!!

Needless to say, I'm researching patterns and the right way to do things! I'll put pictures up when I can find a pattern I like. I'm going to the thrift store to get some men's t-shirts for the fabric. I'd like to eventually use Ben's shirts for her nighties so she can have something of his when he's away. Sigh.

Here's my hobby of the week and finding sewing supplies in the German stores...

No comments:

Post a Comment