Just a quick little story because I'm still a newly wed and my husband thinks it is good blog material... :) Someday, I will be an amazing cook like my Mom and Mom-in-law. Notice I said someday. That someday wasn't this past night. haha Before we came over, Ben's Mom made ham, beans, and potato with all the super yummy ham juice and vinegar. It was amazing and I ate like a horse. Well baby was craving it and so was Ben. So I called and got the info needed on how to make it and set on my merry way. Well after 30 minutes of trying to pick out a ham and all that I got it home, defrosted it, and was bound and determined to make an amazing meal for my husband. Well, I overcooked the precooked ham, I made probably three times as many potatoes, and dumped all the ham juice down the drain. All of it. So Ben gets home and I set everything on the table and we start eating. God love him, he was making a huge deal about how good it was and then sorta stopped and asked, um do I need to bring over the juice for the potatoes and beans... I said nope, no need, I dumped it down the drain. haha It still turned out, I'm eating it now actually but it was a lesson learned.
Sorry Nate, I tried to keep it short and sweet :) Love ya all and miss you like crazy!! Have a great day!
Don't worry, the cooking skills will come. I had a former roommate who called me after she got married and wanted to know how to cook scrambled eggs and how do you boil water!
ReplyDeleteLove you all...and reading your stories. Hey...did I read that you are going to London? What for you lucky dog!!!! So much to see and do there. Have some cream teas, go see Buckingham Palace, stroll through Harrod's...I can't wait to read your blog!