When I got into the church, they have a TV in the vestibule and Pastor was already praying. I was like wow, he is really moving along today. Ben came in a few minutes later as the prayer was ending. We snuck our way as the worship was starting, or at least we thought it was starting. I grabbed our bulletins and we sat in the very back.
I started noticing that people were a little restless and were getting their coats and kiddos gathered up. I was like hmm, a little early for that. hahaha Then as I opened the bulletin I saw it... haha second service didn't start for another 20 mins. We were really late for the first service, and very early for the second. haha I leaned over and told Ben. He just shook his head and we had a little giggle. After we made fun of ourselves, he said "you know you have to put this on the blog" haha! And that my friends, is an example of pregnancy brain.
Anyways, we had a great weekend. Ben took me to Globus on Friday night which is like a German WalMart. It has everything and is HUGE! We walked in and I was overwhelmed! One of Ben's trainers said his wife goes there for a lot of their groceries and most is cheaper than on base. There are some great deals on base, especially with coupons. Not to mention I know exactly what it is. But, somethings are more expensive and being that the commissary only carried name brand, and everything there is shipped extra far, makes it a little more too. So we thought we would do some price compare and just have some fun in a grocery store on a Friday night. You will never believe what was directly across the road from Globus, that we had no idea was even in Germany..... Babies R us!!!!! We both were like NO WAY haha! We thought it would be best to save that excitement for an evening this week.
It was the best! Most things with the conversion rate is more expensive and tax is also included but it was still fun to go look. Milk was cheaper and they had more produce, cheese, and candy that I have never heard of before! Their cheese counter was bigger than any meat counter in the states! I was in awe! It really doesn't take much though.
Saturday we found out some of our mail has been going to the wrong box, which would explain why we have been missing some things. I think some of the mail may have been returned to sender too. Yay. But, we got it sorted out (hopefully). We headed out and found our way to this antique place. Ben and I were really excited about it! I was like, I'm going to find something for Poppa Huff and he's going to be sooo excited! It was run by Americans in this old, old stone quarry building. It got really cold while we where driving and this place had no heat! We got there and where blown away. Never in my life have I seen so many expensive or beautiful things! We were really surprised that most, well pretty much all the furniture was English. In fact, we didn't see any pieces that were German. Ben said maybe because we blew it all up in the war? It was really neat to look. It's a good thing dreams are free!
After we got back we went to a coworkers or Ben's for a cookout/get together. It was really nice. We ate a bunch, met more people, and went home sleepy. Today after the late and early church we went for a walk, cleaned a little bit, and hung the rest of the pictures. This week we really don't have too much going on. I leave for London next weekend WOO HOO!!
Oh Ben's work schedule came out and he's on dayshift!!! It's such a blessing and I'm sooo glad! We'll see each other when I start working, he won't have to do mid's when the baby comes, we're so glad! He starts on the 22. The shifts go from 4am to 4 pm, so it's going to be early bedtimes in our house! He starts the day after we go on a tour of the Battle of Bastogne, Battle of the Bulge and Band of brothers tour. Ben is sooo pumped for this trip!! I just hope he won't be dragging too bad the next day. Also he'll be working Thanksgiving but thats okay, we'll just have our Thanksgiving on Black Friday. He'll also be able to go to my doctors appointment with me on the 25th. It's a good schedule. Ben's happy about it.
Well... I think thats all the news from Germany! We miss you all and love you very much! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers- it makes a world of difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment