Friday, April 3, 2015

The Wild Woman is FIVE!!!

My first born is FIVE! My wild woman, iron will, gifted leader, tender heart, amazing helper is FIVE! I can't get over it.

I can still smell the top of her head when I would rock her to sleep. I can still recall the days like it was yesterday. When I stare at her, I can recall her infants stages so vividly it feels real.

Audrey is truly one of a kind and I just can't get over how God has chose me, to be her Momma. Sometimes I think that there is a more patient, more fun, more clever, more Godly woman who could have been her Momma- but then I'm reminded that He knows EXACTLY what he is doing, and I'm to trust. I am not the perfect Momma, at all. However, I am the one He chose to raise her.

This yes, just like the last 4, have flown by. It's been a bit of a whirlwind again. Shortly after her 4th birthday we got the news that Ben was going to be medically retired. Since then we have said goodbye to our dear friends in New Jersey, traveled to Germany, tried to set up camp in Knoxville, moved back to PA, and had a new addition to the family. It was thought but my girl did amazing. She loves Germany, I truly believe she is a German at heart and wouldn't be surprised if she made it back there. Knoxville is a close second to Germany but I know she will also have a hard time leaving PA when the time comes. We've got to spend so much time with Meem and Bill, Poppa Marty, Oma and Poppa Charlie and some many others in our family- and she adores them all.

Somethings that the wild woman has done this year- mastering her letters, improving her artistic ability, swimming lessons, sled riding, a continuing love for being outdoors, started loving chapter books, helping with chores more in depth, and so much more.

Some favorite of the wild woman starting with food (the most important): Momma's veggie fried rice, black bean burritos, smoothies, carrot fries, fish sticks, popcorn, all things cupcake, fruit, peanut butter, Chinese food, fleishwurst (similar to bologna), guacamole, nuts, popsicles, and the occasional hot dog from the famous little spot down the road from our house.

Things to do: crafts, read, play outside, build a snowman, sled ride, have sleep overs at Meem's or Oma's house, Skype/facetime family, go on Daddy dates, go on Momma Dates, go on Family dates, stay at hotels, splash pads, watch a movie, dress up, play board games, make up games for her and Judah to play, help cook, take pictures with our phones or the iPad, ride her bike, get baths, color, play with her dolls, and so many other things it's hard to think of them all.

We celebrated four times! The first actually her gift, a night a Great Wolf Lodge. It was her gift from Momma and Daddy. Then was a little party with my Grandparents and they got her a little cake and her first bouquet of flowers and a super fancy dress.  Then the third was on her birthday with all of us, Oma, and Poppa- with her three little pig cake. The last was a party at Meem's house to celebrate both of their birthday's with a octopus turned spider cake.

 Last night of being 4!!!

Woke up with balloons and streamers!!!

...and then Judah got ahold of them...

Birthday Dinner of pancakes, sausage, bacon, fruit, and cake- per her request :)


The wild woman's first bouquet of flowers from her Poppa Huff :)


Confetti shower :)

The wild woman adores the story of the three little pigs and loves to change it around, so her cake this year was the three little pigs.



This was the day before her birthday! We celebrated with Gram Pat and Poppa Huff. Her total cake count for turning 5, was three cakes!!! She is so very loved (and we all went on a sugar detox following)



In her Poppa Huff dress. Since I was little, he would buy all of his granddaughters beautiful dresses... the tradition continues with his great-granddaughters now :)

Three little pigs cake. Made with love folks, I've never professed to being a cake boss.

She wanted an octopus cake for her and Meem's party but it didn't turn out the way I had hoped so we turned it into a spider cake (minus 2 legs) and she was very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment