Since we had an appointment on Friday and another on Monday, we were given the okay to head home. It was so great because my Aunt's surprise 50th Birthday party was Saturday and Ben's Dad was in a car accident a week prior and we really wanted to see him- so it all worked out beautifully. We had such a great weekend. We spent time with both side of our family, got to go on a date night and have a few hours with just Ben and I walking around an antique market, sit on porches Wow did we get some deals! :) Not on antiques but some other goodies! Not to mention the weather was outstanding! Then we traveled 1/2 way home on Sunday night and stayed with my best friend from college. We all stayed up till 2am talking and laughing- I knew we'd be paying for it the next day but it was so worth it. We shared breakfast with them and headed out Monday morning for my cardio appointment.
My appointment went very well. Very Well!! After some issues with the referral not being there and that whole mess, I was finally able to see the doctor. Because of the referral mess I saw the doctor before my echo since he was due in surgery in an hour. He talked and he gave me some instructions but said he would call me with the results of the echo and we'd talk some more.I had my echo and we were able to head home. We tried another way home from Philly and will be sticking to the original way. Poor Audrey fell asleep and we took a way home that had red lights every 3 feet. Her head kept plopping forward and she'd wake up then fall back asleep. She had a hard weekend with a napping and bedtime routine and it was catching up with her.
We got home and we were out of milk and things for dinner. Ben kept Aud while I ran to base. As the bagger was putting the bags in the van, my cardiologist called. He said he saw no hole in my heart at all. My pressures were all normal, no enlargement, and he couldn't explain my other echos. He still wants me to call him when I go into labor so he can come and check on me and to have a repeat echo 2 months after baby is born. I was overwhelmed in the best way. I just cried. The entire reason why I was seen by the high risk OB doctor had been because of my heart issues. If I hadn't been having issues with my heart, we never would have had such an in depth scan of baby and the baby's heart defect would never had been caught. Just wait- it gets better. Ben was set to deploy to Afganistan a month before baby would have been born so I would have been in Germany, alone with our 2yr, had the baby, found out baby had a huge cardiac defect, and baby would have been sent to a German hospital to have open heart surgery all without my husband. There's a good chance he wouldn't have found out about baby and what was going on in Germany for awhile because of the type of mission he was supposed to be on. Do you see the mighty hand of God in this? It's right there. We are so thankful for the blessing's God's given us. We don't know the plans he has for our family-all we know is that He is faithful and will provide. We know that.
Here's one of my newest favorite pictures of the two of them. :)
Great news Jaim! The blessings just have.not.stopped! AMEN!!
ReplyDelete