Friday, May 11, 2012

Freezer Meals

I'm not sure why I thought I could do it all when I had Audrey, probably because she was my first and I had no idea. :) This time around, I wanted to be a little bit more organized and prepared- as much as I can be, so I decided to freeze some meals! I have in my mind a plan to really stuff my freezer full but we'll see how far we get. I think I have a pretty good start! Mom's coming next weekend and we have some plans to cook!

So here's some of the meals that are all ready to go in the freezer!
*A big ol' batch of Chicken noodle soup
*1 meal of turkey chili- Ben said it's my best batch yet- too bad I forget what I put in it already
*1 crock pot meal of italian sausage with sauce, peppers and onions
*1 meal of Italian  marinated chicken thighs
*1 tray of mini stuffed shells
* about 40 black bean burritos for lunches or dinner.
The burritos were the only ones I really thought of taking pictures of. I know your cringing Mom, but they really are super yummy, super easy to make, and freeze fantastic.



Black Bean Burritios
(this is a double batch so if you want to make just the normal amount 1/2 all the ing.)

1lb black beans rinsed, soaked, and cooked per instructions on the bag
2 8oz block of cream cheese
2 cans fire roasted green chilies
2 jars salsa (whatever heat you like)
2 bell peppers (red if you want a little sweeter flavor) chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
3-4 cups cooked brown rice
40 flour 8 or 10in tortillas

1. In a large skillet (12inch works fantastic for a double batch) saute the peppers and onions in the olive oil. -Your could even throw in some garlic cloves if you feelin' wild:) Cook till tender.

2. Add beans, salsa, and chilies and mix well. Dice up the cream cheese and add to the pan.

3. Cook till combined and has thickened a little bit.

4. Remove from heat, grab a huge bowl, dump the rice and bean mix and combine well.

5. Spread mix down the center of tortilla and wrap burrito style. Let cool a little bit if your going to freeze them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment