Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update!

Just a quick update! It is my promise that this blog will be back tom full swing!! :)

I cheated on this though- I just wrote an email and copy and pasted. Sorry, I didn't have all your emails so I thought this would work pretty well!! Love you all!!

Good Morning! Just wanted to update everybody about our little one! I had my 38wk appointment yesterday and for the most part it went great. Baby looks great, heart rate in the 140's, extremely active, I'm dilated 2cms and effaced 75-80%! So it could be any time now or not for another week or two! We have our bags packed by the door, Ben's crossing things off our to do list, clothes are washed, and there's some dinners in the freezer!

Also and the appointment I finally got some answers on some pain I've been having. It started around 32wks-ish with an intense burning under my ribs on my right side that would come and go. The doctor just said with how active our baby was, she thought just some bruising or pulled muscle. Well, it's been getting worse, to the point where sitting is just not an option it hurts so badly. I was starting to feel like a wimp, crying over a pulled muscle! I have also been having quite a bit of nausea but didn't think too much about it since that has been the norm throughout this pregnancy! When I went in and told her about how the pain is worse and is at a constant now, my nurse midwife had the on call doc come in and check me out. The doctor did a ton of blood work checking my liver out and ordered a right upper quadrant screening just to make sure my liver or gallbladder wasn't acting up.

Thank God they had an opening in ultrasound and took be right away! That usually does no happen in a military hospital! Had the ultrasound and the tech that did it was sweet enough so show me the baby! Ben had to be on duty so he wasn't with me. Baby looks amazing... and big!! haha He/she had the little hands on the face and was just kicking like crazy! The tech was having a hard time scanning my gallbladder because the baby was kicking so much in that area! It was really sweet!

So fast forward a few hours and I called to get the results. Here, my gallbladder is full of stones and sludge. My liver function test was back yet so we had to wait becuase that was the deciding factor. If the liver tests would have been bad or elevated they would have brought me back in to induce me since I'm close to my due date then take out my gallbladder. Thank God the liver tests were okay so no inducing. We're just going to wait until after the little on is born then decide what to do from there. Unless the pain gets too bad or I develop a fever.

We're glad to know whats going on now. Please pray that my gallbladder behaves it's self for a little while longer! Hopefully after the baby is born, my gallbladder will appreciate not being so squished and won't get too bad. It really surprised me when she said that was the problem. We don't do high fatty foods or anything like that. So, now I'm done with work and catching up on some things I haven't had the energy to do for awhile. Don't worry, it's all being done from the comfort of my couch or bed!! :)

Thanks so much for your prayers! We miss you all so very much and can't wait for you to meet our little one! We'll be keeping you updated!

Jaimie, Ben, and the little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment