Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Some BIG News!!!

It's been awhile since I've updated our blog- things have been just nuts. We have some pretty big news to share with everyone!!!

1. We received Ben's retirement date! He will be retired from active duty service Sept. 27th 2014 after 10 years of service. We are so proud of him! We are really, really going to miss the military- we truly love the life and everything that goes with it (just sometimes we don't LIKE it very much). We have met some of our most cherished friends and have been all over the world. It'll be great that we will have retiree benefits and look forward to taking full advantage of them.

2. We are moving to Knoxville, TN! We will say it's a definite when we change our address but for now, that is the plan. We love our family and enjoy going home to PA to see them however- moving back there to live again just isn't for us. When you have had the chance to live all over the place, see to things, meet new people in a different surrounding than what you grew up in- it grabs you.  We don't know how long we'll be in TN but it's our next stop. We're excited about living so close to a National Park, hiking, fishing, warmer weather, getting to be outside more throughout the year (a rough winter with two wilds cemented the fact that we needed to live in warmer weather), getting to see family, and moving somewhere that we have some connections.

3. We are getting ready to take a month long family vacation to Europe!! Ben will be on terminal leave so we will take a military flight over and stay with friends while we travel. It's been over 3 years since we have anything more than a weekend trip. We desperately need some solid family time and going back to Europe is what we've been saving for. We're going to be in Germany, France, Italy, Austria with some possible other places depending on time.

4.  WE ARE EXPECTING WILD #3 IN DECEMBER! The largest reason for my blog absence. I'm not sure if it's because I have 2 wilds that I'm so wore out and sick with this one? Golly, I was sick for a long time with the wildwoman (26wks), with Cubba its was more intense but for shorted amount of time (18wks) and this one was/is the most intense and was going strong up until Memorial Day weekend. It got so bad that I had to go back to the doctor for something. I've been on zofran round the clock until the holiday weekend. I tried every home remedy, I tried essential oils but the smells about did me in, keeping food in my stomach, nothing, NOTHING helped. I was a mess and really felt like I wasn't able to care for my wilds as I should have been. We did a mess of reading in Momma's bed those weeks and for the first time in their sweet little lives they had Chinese take out hahaha and a good bit of pizza... Praise God I'm feeling more human but have to watch that I don't over do it when I feel a little bit like my old self. Ben's been so awesome. He's made dinners (and ordered them too), cleaned, and told me not to worry about not getting stuff done. I'm down to only taking the zofran in the afternoon/early evening when it's the worst- I think because that's the toughest time of day for us. I nap/rest with the kiddos and that helps too. We are crazy excited and so are the kiddos.

We're just waiting to hear when the movers have an opening to pack up our house- it's PCS season they are super booked. God has blessed our family so very much and has worked everything together- like He always has. And it's so much better than anything we could have imagined.

2 comments:

  1. Eekkkk! So glad to chat with you last night. I'm so happy for your family! Kisses love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful having time with another Momma and nothing beats catching up with a dear friend! !!! I loved it!!! Seeing your sweet little man just about melted me!

    ReplyDelete