A few days ago, I noticed Audrey wasn't running like she usually does. When she slowed down enough for me to catch her this is what happened,
Me: Audrey, why are you running like that? (she was hopping, skipping, and galloping all in one motion)
Audrey: Because my shoes are too tight and they hurt my feet.
In my defense- she's been wearing her snow boots or her black mary-janes, and not her sneakers. But still... I felt terrible.
Fast forward a few days and I was telling my Dad this story. He of course, thought the entire thing was hysterical. I'm not sure if it was because of my mortification or because it wasn't until my poor child was running so completely different due to her tight shoes and sore feet, that I noticed-then she had to tell me- that her shoes didn't fit. Either one, maybe both. A couple hours past after we hung up and he called me back. This is how the conversation went...
My Dad: "Jaim, I just got off the phone with LLbean. I bought you a gift card so you can go buy that poor girl some new shoes. It should get there through that email thing, watch for it"
Me: "Thanks so much Daddy, you didn't have to do that but I really appreciate it. And so will your poor granddaughter"
Dad: "Poor thing, "my shoes are too tight, my feet hurt" Tell her Poppa Marty got her some shoes, look for it and get them ordered, poor girl."
No comments:
Post a Comment