Thursday, December 6, 2012

You could call it Chaos

I can't even believe all that's happened in the last 30days! Shortly after hurricane Sandy, we got hammered with a snow storm that knocked out power out again for 4 days. Shortly after that, the kiddos and I went home for Thanksgiving. We were at my in laws for about 2 hours when Ben called and said we were moving and had a week to pack up. I said well, I can head home in the morning but he told me to stay home for the holidays and he would pack the house up. I really felt badly letting him do all the packing but in all reality- he was able to do it faster without us there. He's a good man and this makes move #2 he's done all by himself.

My Mom can back with us on black Friday and stayed 4 days to help up pack. The day we moved into the new house, Ben had to start night shift. It's been going okay, but anyone who has ever worked nights knows how tough that can be then add in kiddos, new move, cleaning the old house, and working out a plan for your dog that's not allowed on base thanks to breed restrictions.  I really don't like him working nights, but I'm thankful he didn't start until we were on base. I don't think I would have slept and both kids would have been moved into our room.

THEN we find out that the new house has fleas. Yup, fleas. I'm a very clean person, and even though our home is turned upside down and it's crazy any other time- we have a clean house. Our dog does not have fleas and was never in the new house. We came to find out the people that lived in here before was a few dogs. I was really upset about it. Everything else in the house was spotless. Ugh, anyways. We debated whether to have them come in and use the chemicals or to try and do it ourselves with Borax. After talking to the exterminator and doing some research, we decided to have the house sprayed and we stayed in a hotel for a night and returned only after airing the house out for 5 hours. We have to do this 2 more times. It could be worse and I'm so thankful its not.

Other than that, house is great and I really like it. There is a playground directly behind our house and there are no other homes behind ours. I look out the sliding glass doors in the living room and the windows in our bedroom to a huge field, walking paths, and woods. I could use a larger kitchen and more cupboards but like my Meemaw said "You'll never have enough of those" :)   Makes me really miss my kitchen in our Germany apartment, I had empty cupboards in that kitchen. Who am I kidding, I just miss Germany all together, especially this time of year. Deep sigh... Anyways, it's super nice to have our own bathroom, to use our new washer and dryer, and not paying out of pocket for everything. Praise God.

We're still working on the Beretta issue and getting her on base. Ben's parents have so graciously taken her in until we can get it sorted out. Audrey is having a hard time with Beretta being gone, the wild woman sure loves her dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment