I've been awaiting this appointment since I walked out the door of the previous appointment. I had a hard time sleeping the night before. It's not that I expected anything to be wrong or to have a serious change, I'm having a hard time putting it into words exactly.
When I was getting dressed for the appointment I realized I was wearing the same shirt I wore on the 26th of January when I found out that Judah had a major heart defect. The crazy part is that morning when I was getting ready to go see my baby on the ultrasound machine I remember grabbing the same shirt and thinking, if something is wrong, I'll remember every detail about the day.
Anyways, back to the appointment. Ben had off and because it was going to be an all day appointment like the last one, he stayed home with the wild woman and I took Judah to Philly. It started off with an ECHO. The last time we were there, my Judahcub slept through the whole thing. Not this time. Not even close. He was grabbing the doppler, he was kicking his chubby little leggies, he was trying to roll every which way, he was arching his back, he was absolutely wild on the table. The last time they had a hard time trying to get a good picture of his pulmonary branch and had the same trouble this time. After and hour, we got most of what they needed. Whew. I was beat.
Then we went and got the EKG and Mr. Judahcub thought they needed help with that too. He had the lady laughing so hard, it was really cute. She try and put the stickers on and he'd swipe on while I was trying to get the other on out of his other hand. She'd lean down and he'd grab her glasses- it was a mess. Finally we got it after some singing and finger snapping.
Then the docs came in and couldn't believe how big and healthy he was! I was one proud Momma. His cardiologist couldn't get over it. She came in and just scooped him up. He loved on her for a little bit and she said she probably so stop kissing him and listen to his heart. She's fantastic, we couldn't be happier with his doctors. They said at first his ECHO looked so good that he shouldn't have to come back for another year!! But, upon the second look the noticed a small regurgitation of his aorta that wasn't there the last time. Also, the pressures were up just slightly from 4months ago. They weren't as concerned with the increased pressure because of how wild he was during the echo but didn't want to write it off either. So we're going back for another ECHO in 6months. This time they are going to use some sedation so they can get all the pictures they need and so they can get an accurate pressure reading. Praise God it's by mask and not IV sedation. I was reassured that the regurgitation was very minimual but because it wasn't there 4 months ago, they wanted to follow up.
Praise God for Judah's little heart. He is doing so well, is so healthy, and we are just so thankful. We are so blessed and just give all the Glory to God. Thank you for your prayers, Judah is a picture of what an answer to prayer looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment