Monday, December 14, 2009

Such a Slacker!

haha Im honestly embarrassed that I haven't written anything since the 30th... wow. I'm such a slacker, sorry! I mean really, it's not that hard to sit and write. It's not like I go back and spend time proof reading or anything :)

Anyways, time is flying by here in Germany. I'm sure its the same in the States too. I can't believe Christmas is 11 days away. Work is going good for both of us. Ben is enjoying his schedule, all except waking up at 3:30am. It's a really nice schedule getting every other weekend off for 3 days. Jimmy and Ben are working together great. He said that sometimes when Jimmy is acting up or won't listen he said he has to stop himself from hollering "knock it off Beretta" haha!!! Poor guy, he's an awesome handler who works with the most obedient dogs out there and then comes home to our 2yr old wild woman who can barely contain herself. She's doing pretty good too! She loves when Ben has off during the week!

I've been at WIC for almost three whole weeks now! It's going great. I'm enjoying the work, the families I get to interact with, and the girls in the office. It's a definitely a change in pace but a welcomed change at this point in time. I'm not going to lie, I desperately miss the NICU but this is where I'm to be right now. I do not know how those girls worked 12-16 hours 8 months pregnant. I'm in awe, I really am!! Come noon, I'm so uncomfortable and I've only been there 4 /2 hours sitting the vast majority of the time. Then I think of my Mom who did the same thing with all four of us!! Your one heck of a woman Mom!! Wow. It is very nice to know that if I make a mistake it's doesn't have the potential to harm anyone. I'm working a long week this week so we can have Christmas Eve day off.

Our Christmas tree is up!!! Poor little thing. It can't help it's a Charlie Brown tree. I hung as many ornament on it as I possibly could. haha The limbs bend with the weight of all of them. Ben and I have our gifts wrapped and tucked underneath already. I've only managed to give him 3 presents! haha I just can't help it! If he'd let me I would have given them to him as soon as they came in the mail! I've never been able to wait to give someone a gift or tell them about it. It drives me crazy! I just get so excited about it and if they'll like it that I either tell them what it is or give it to them! My Mom is still surprised that I didn't find out what the little one is.

Speaking of the little one...aka big little one, baby is doing wonderful! Extremely active and growing like a weed. I get asked at least once a day if we're having twins. I just smile and say nope, its just a big baby. If you saw my husband-you'd understand :)! That was one of the first things the nurse practitioner I work under asked me on my first day. She worked in OB/GYN for 10 years and said she would have put money on it. haha I go for another doctors appointment on Thursday. I'm right on track for measurements but I just look huge I guess! We'll see what she has to say.

Ben and I went to our first every Christmas Market last week! It was the one in our town so we didn't have too far to drive. A coworker of mine actually met us at our apartment and we followed her down. The market is in center of town, like a town square but much larger. They don't have malls here so all the shopping is in a different store but for the most part centrally located. We went to some stores on the way to market to check and see if they had any maternity clothes. H&M had some but the style in German is not to this girls liking. haha I'm not really into the short dresses/longer t-shirts that barely cover your bum, worn with thicker pantyhose and high boots. No thank you. Not only would I freeze but I'd probably wear a hole in the bottom of the shirt from trying to pull it down. Not to mention I have no sense of balance or grace so anything with a heel is a no go! haha I did find some black dress pants that work lovely! I'm carry this little one so low it makes it a little difficult to find clothes that are comfortable. My Mom and Mom-in-law got me some awesome clothes before we left but I'm almost too big for some of them :)! As soon as I get home I go to Ben's closet and grab his t-shirts and sweatshirts to wear! haha

Back to the Christmas market... We made our way through the brick streets to the center. There is this old rust colored brick church in the middle that everything surrounds (like it sound be). Vendors were on every branch off of the main center. It was pretty crowded for a Thursday evening, I can't imagine what the weekends are like. The big thing with German Christmas Markets is the Gluhwein (you say it like glue-vine). It's red wine heavily spiced and served warm in a mug you can keep or you can return it to get 2 euros back. Ben had some and I enjoyed smelling his. He really liked it! It's extremely popular. They have stands with wee little tables set up so you can stand around with your gluhwien and mingle. You can walk around with it too. They had all types of little shops selling everything from opium scented candles to wood carvings.

Naturally, we made our way to the food section and stood in awe! The smells were incredible!! They had fresh potato pancakes with applesauce, bratwurst with the most amazing horseradish mustard on fresh toasted buns, whole mushrooms in a cream sauce that reminded me of stroganoff sauce-super yummy, and these baguettes with feta, tomatoes, garlic, and parsley!!! Not even mentioning the roasted, candied nuts, chocolate, and my favorite-nutella crepes!!! I'm a huge fan of German Christmas markets!!

We're in the middle of a cold streak here! The past few days it's been sticking to about 1o degrees. Poor Retta doesn't like the cold! haha She's a little bit of a priss, but then again, I don't like 10 degrees either! Its finally snowed and is supposed to snow a little more tonight. Thank goodness it's only a three day work week! Ben has off Monday and Tuesday then works five days straight through Christmas, but then gets five days off! AND.... I can't forget to blog about Beretta's 2nd Birthday tomorrow. Is it possible for pups to have terrible twos? I'm thinking yes.

I had my 27 week checkup this week. Everything looks good, just slightly anemic. My glucose test went great, and they drew again to make sue I won't need the Rhogram. I'm pretty positive I'm A positive but just to make sure, they drew some blood work. I go back in 3 weeks for my 31-32 week checkup. Baby is very active and has found a very comfortable spot at the top of my belly with prefect access to my ribs.

Well today is a big day, everything that I haven't done all week ( ie cleaning and laundry) is waiting for me. :) I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season. Please say a pray for me, it's been a bit of an emotional time for me. God love my husband who takes such great care of me, even when I have no idea why I'm crying. We miss you all sooo very much and wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment