Merry Christmas everyone!!! I'm up super early this Christmas- I'm pretty sure the earliest ever. Ben got up about 3:30am and I climbed out about 20 minutes later! I got up early to make the breakfast casserole and make some calls.
I should have known better than to make a breakfast casserole half asleep and talking on the phone. I put what I thought was everything in the bowl mixed it up and threw it in the oven all proud of myself for being such a great little wife. I made a big 9x13 pan and was thinking how much the guys at the kennels where going to enjoy it. Should have known better. It was about half way done baking when I noticed it didn't look like I thought it would. I kind of brushed it off and went into the bedroom to lay down. I started going over everything in it thinking maybe I left out something and then it hit me. I left out the entire amount of sour cream. 16 ounces mind you!!!!!!!! AHH I was soo frustrated! So I marched into the kitchen grabbed that casserole out of the oven, found the biggest bowl I had, dumped it in, mixed in the forgotten sour cream, and threw it back into the oven. haha Then I called my Mom to tell her what I did. Does anyone else do things like this or is it just me? hhaha Mom said she's done things like that, everyone does, but they just don't tell anyone else. Well, I just pulled the casserole out and it looks good, smells good. I'm just praying it tastes good.
Ben and I had our little Christmas on Christmas Eve with our gifts since he has to work. We're going to save the gifts from our families until the come in. Ben came home and I had just finished wrapping his last present! haha Between the both of us we used all the wrapping paper I had, about 3 rolls. We're really good at wrapping..... It was so wonderful. We took turns unwrapping making it last as long as possible. This was Ben's first Christmas since basic training that he was with family on Christmas. Beretta had to lay between his legs on the floor beside me. She even helped rip the paper off the gifts. It was really funny, silly girl. Wow, next year I'll be writing about a little one sitting on the floor trying to help open gifts! WOW! We gave her a bone thinking it would keep her busy while we did our presents, but she had it finished in about 7 minutes.
Ben got a much needed boot dryer, socks, a book, knives, almonds (his favorite), little things like shaving stuff, chocolate, t-shirts, camo jacket, clothes hmm seat covers and shorts from my Meemaw Merd, super nice hat and gloves from Mom, oh my some other things I know I'm leaving out. Ben got me a stocking full of chocolate, gum, hand sanitizer (that I desperately needed), a Vera Bradley lunch bag, Office trivia game (soooo excited) picture albums, a purple blanket, a huge Tupperware bowl with a lid, and new hair clippers!!!! I was a good girl this year!! :)
Yesterday, after I made the casserole I got really homesick and sad I called Ben and he came and picked me up. It was about 0630am. I just hung out there all day eating and watching Christmas movies. It was wonderful even though Ben had to work. The other wives brought things for lunch. My breakfast went over well, and we pretty much ate all day long. It was a good day. Ben and I were both soo tired. We called our families, put the rest of the Christmas movie in we didn't finish, and played our Office Trivia game! We are so thankful we could spend Christmas together. It was super rainy and windy all day.
There's no more snow left on the ground and it's finally above freezing!!! Beretta is enjoying her time outside at the moment barking at who knows what. I just finished cleaning the bathroom and running the sweeper. I think Ben and I are going to see if the German version of Walmart has anything fun on clearance when he gets home! Nothing beats clearance!! Hopefully find some fun things to decorate with next year!
We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas wherever you are and pray for God's blessings on all of you! We miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment